Advanced Handgun (08/21)
Saturday, August 21, 2021
Course times 9am-1pm
Advanced Handgun at Marianna Outdoorsmen Association (MOA)
This course teaches the students how to operate and become proficient with the most up to date advanced techniques with their handgun and gear including moving and shooting, holster work, recoil control and more.
Required gear for the course:
- Handgun of a common caliber that the operator can easily control (no micro size handguns)
- Minimum 50 rounds or 1 box of ammo. If you would like a higher round count you can bring more ammo as well.
- Minimum of 2-3 magazines or speed loaders per handgun
- Magazine carriers for your belt are highly recommended
- A sturdy belt (NO canvas or flimsy belts)
- Safety glasses and hearing protection
- Strong OWB (outside the waistband) holster
- Kydex or Leather, the holster must be stiff and must have full cover over the trigger. (NO Black Hawk or Serpa Style Holsters with a button release trigger lock, FOBUS or paddle style holsters, shoulder holsters or nylon holsters. If you are unsure, you should be able to holster and unholster without the use of your support hand.)
- Weather-appropriate attire (NO open toed shoes. Tennis shoes or hiking shoes are recommended, they may get dirty. NO Sleeveless shirts or low cut shirts. Hats are also recommended for your safety)
Please consider physical aspects, like walking down a hill to a range and standing for periods of time at the range when you choose your attire.
Sunscreen and bug spray
Water or snacks
**By registering, you accept the course agreement and will adhere to all safety rules of the MOA range and Archangel Defense, LLC.