The Defensive Handgun course is not for the new shooter and requires the curriculums for Intro to Handgun and Advanced Handgun to be applied. This course teaches students the most up to date techniques on how develop a defensive mindset and apply defensive shooting techniques that can be used to defend not only your self but your loved ones and innocent people as well.
Students will gain the knowledge and abilities for the following:
- How to build and develop a defensive mindset
- Threat level assessment
- Firearm Arm Laws
- Apply different shooting techniques using threat level assessment
- Learn how to scan your area after an incident and how to retain as much information as possible.
- How to shoot from different body positions using manipulation techniques
- Scenario based live fire drills
- Clear malfunctions and apply reloads during scenario based training
- Verbal Communication
- Strong side & Weak Side Shooting Techniques
- Close Quarter Shooting Techniques
Required gear for the course:
- Handgun of a common caliber that the operator can easily control (no micro size handguns, see size chart)
- Minimum 200 rounds. If you would like a higher round count you can bring more ammo as well.
- Minimum of 2-3 magazines or speed loaders per handgun
- Magazine carriers for your belt are highly recommended
- A sturdy belt (NO canvas or flimsy belts)
- Safety glasses and hearing protection
- Strong OWB (outside the waistband) holster
- Kydex or Leather, the holster must be stiff and must have full cover over the trigger. (NO Black Hawk or Serpa Style Holsters with a button release trigger lock, FOBUS or paddle style holsters, shoulder holsters or nylon holsters. If you are unsure, you should be able to holster and unholster without the use of your support hand.)
- Weather-appropriate attire (NO open toed shoes. Tennis shoes or hiking shoes are recommended, they may get dirty. NO Sleeveless shirts or low cut shirts. Hats are also recommended for your safety)
Please consider physical aspects like standing for periods of time at the range when you choose your attire.
Sunscreen and bug spray
Water or snacks
Classroom & Live Fire Range
Marianna Field & Stream Club
144 Hufford Run Rd
Marianna, PA 15345
When you register, you accept the course agreement and will adhere to all safety rules of Archangel Defense, LLC and the range.